Tech Info: Nikon D300s | 70-300 @270mm | ISO 200 | f/8 | 1/500s
A scene of the weekend traffic passing through Golden Gate.
Golden Gate is one place where you don’t want to miss it. Its like your visit to San Francisco isin’t complete if you don’t go to this place. Since most of us find time only during weekends or public holidays, the place gets so crowded. Come summer and finding a parking spot at the vista points can take anywhere between 5-30 mins depending on how lucky you are.
During our visit to Muir woods last year, we did a quick stop by this place and thats whey I got this. One of the to-do things for me is to take a shot of the regular morning rush hour traffic when the bridge is having the summer fog in it. That would make it an awesome scene.
Processing: Since we were in a hurry to head out, I was little lazy while composing this and had to resort to a tighter crop.
- Import the raw file to Lightroom 2.5 for basic raw conversions.
- After a tight crop in LR, exported the file as 16 bit TIFF to Photoshop CS4.
- Cloned out the lamp post.
- First curves layer for overall contrast.
- Second curves layer to add more contrast only to the front tower and foreground elements.
- A third curves layer for vignetting effect.
- Resized the image for web and added a smart-sharpen filter
- Added keywords and metadata through Bridge.
Hover your mose over the image to see the before version
3 thoughts on “Rushing through the tower”
Awesome photo ra Kaddi!!!
Good is there!!!
What a photo!! Kahan se liya? Were you on a helicopter?