Yes thats right! I’m saying bye bye to blogger. Its been some years that I’ve been using blogger and the experience was getting worse (more recently). It was time I did something about it. Either I had to get into learning CSS to tweak the template to my liking or change the platform. Learning CSS would have been a nice thing to do, but I’ve found out (again) that trying to force myself to learn something which I
don’t like have no interest in, is very very difficult.
So I’ve moved the site to wordpress with a theme which I actually like; its plain, simple and has lots of options in the vanilla flavor. I didn’t have to write a single line of code to get any of them working. Its really that good. I had given this a shot sometime back, but never used to like the fact that wordpress displays a preview of any hyperlinks . It used to annoy me. Seems like they don’t do it anymore. So that was enough to get me moved over here.
The default options (read as free) from wordpress is pretty good. Here are some of the main ones:
- The site is mobile friendly
- A lot of widgets and are pretty easy to configure
- The theme doesn’t alter the formatting of posts (at least this one)
- Easy integration with google apps (technically I got to wait another 36hrs before I say this, but I don’t expect any problems)
Couple of things which I wish were different:
- The site displays ads. I wanted to keep this site add-free and in order to do it over here, they charge $$. So I’ve no choice at the moment for it, unless I decide to pay to make it add-free.
- To add a custom domain to the blog, I got to pay $$ for it. Since a lot of my readers are used to my domain name, I’m keeping it.
Hopefully this should stay for some time.
Let me know how you guys feel about it.
2 thoughts on “Goodbye Blogger”
Feels like an article right out of a daily:)